Sunday, August 18, 2013

Off to the Printers!!!

It's DONE!  My book is officially off the printers!!!  It came down to the wire on Friday, as the printers needed to have all the files and the book cover in order to meet my deadline next month.  What's the deadline?  My 1st book signing!!!  It's scheduled and will start promoting for it next week!  Holy cow! 

If you've been following my blog you know that I've been waiting for the past couple weeks on the final proof of my book cover....patiently waiting, mind you.  That was the last thing to finalize for the book.  So, after telling my publisher on Monday that I had my 1st book signing next month the back and forth of getting it finalized ensued this week.  I was anxious every day to get the final file and when we hit Thursday I was getting a bit nervous knowing we had to finalize it for sure by Friday.  So, after a few more edits back and forth the FINAL proof came back by mid-morning on Friday.  That was it!  It was perfect!  "Approved!  Send it to the printers!"  Finally!  The words I had been waiting to say for so long.  And, I'm completely thrilled with the cover!  It came out as I had hoped.  I wasn't sure if they'd be able to pull it off or not and I'm not even sure they thought they could do it.  But, it really means a lot to me and I'm sooo excited for you all to see it! 

However, now my anxiety about the printers actually meeting my deadline ensues for the next 2-3 weeks.  Yikes!  Every morning I can feel my heart racing...not only that the printers can meet my deadline (so please pray about that), but about all the things I need to do in the meantime....finish my website, getting my PR kit created, scheduling a book launch party, scheduling book signings, setting up print (magazine) interviews, working through all the logistics of actually selling my book, and all the marketing and promotional activities for the book.  Just a few things on my to-do list!

But, it's a fun and new adventure for me, so I hope I can continue to enjoy the process and just follow the path God has set before me with grace, joy and optimism!  As I've been writing this blog over the past several months and talked about my publishing journey, I've just taken each step as it came but not fully appreciating the accomplishment of it all...and I still haven't.  It's kind of been just another project I've been working on, but it's a project that will shortly be exposed to the world!  What?!  It's obviously the biggest thing I've ever done in my life to-date and although it's exciting it's also a little scary.  And, I suppose anything new and worthwhile is but I definitely never dreamed this reality for myself.  I never set out to be an author....but, here it is...I'm an author.  Again, reality hasn't totally set in and I don't think it will until I'm holding MY book in my hands.  And even then I think it might take me awhile to truly believe it and appreciate it.  So, thanks for all your good wishes throughout this process and in the future.  I really appreciate your support and hope you realize an unknown dream in your life!  Blessings for your week ahead!  (More about my 1st book signing in Wed's blog posting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment