Wednesday, August 14, 2013

High School Shout Out!

Sorry I missed Sunday's post...the first time I missed a post.  But, the day before was just about a day-long event!  I took a very good friend of mine to lunch and to get our hair done for our high school reunion later that evening.  Yep!  High school reunion time!  Since I was part of the planning committee for the event, last week was filled with a little drama and checking in on all the details as we got down to the final minutes.  It all worked out well and I really enjoyed seeing everyone have a great time!  Of course, it was equally as fun to see everyone and catch up with them, as well.  Honestly, at our last reunion I was thinking this one would have a few more bald heads and beer guts, but frankly it didn't.  We're all still looking pretty freakin' fabulous! 

Beforehand, a few people posted pictures from high school and got everyone reminiscing about the "good 'ole days."  And of course with Facebook you feel like you know what's going on with everyone (who's on FB), but it's still not the same when you see them in person and reconnect face-to-face.  Ohhhh, the memories, the good times, the crazy times, and the times that no one ever forgets!  It was really fun with lots of laughs, shouting (because it was so loud) and funny new memories.

But, I must admit I was utterly relieved when it was all over!  Not because I was anxious to see everyone like most people get when going to their high school reunions, but because I had put so much time and effort into the whole planning of it all.  Relief when I got home that night and total relief the next day...plus, lack of sleep and a very hoarse voice.  Considering my last post was about my current state of stress, this was just one of those things to check off the list.  I was hoping my stress would subside a bit this week, but this ball of stress keeps rolling and rolling and rolling.  Not good.  Is there a light at the end of this tunnel of stress?  Not that I can see anytime soon.  It's actually just ramping up, if that's possible.  So, after another stressful day at work what do I do?  Try to breathe.  Try to remember what's ticking me off won't matter in a couple of days, next week or even next month.  And try to stay focused on what's important in my life.  It's just the ebbs and flows of life that we all go through.  But, I must say....I'm ready for some calm, happy, non-anxious, thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing peace.  May the force be with me!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment