Sunday, August 25, 2013

Is this Happening?!

Yesterday I saw the first live promotions for my 1st book signing...got a little teary-eyed!  Must have been the music in the background.  ;-)  Holy cow!  Is this really happening?  I don't think reality has hit me yet and I'm not sure when it will.  I've really just been going through this whole process step by step and not looking too far ahead.  And now with the daily anticipation of my first shipment of books and ALL the promotional planning for my 1st book signing, my book launch party, and all the additional advertising opportunities ahead of me I've just been in "go" mode.  My to-do list is long and I've just been focused on that...not the reality of it all.  But, to see something live...wow!  It IS real!! 

I think life will have to slow down for my brain to fully grasp the enormity of it all, but I'm living in warp speed for the foreseeable future so I'm not quite sure how to take it ALL in just yet.  I think I'll just be saying a lot of these in the next couple of weeks...Wow!  Holy cow!  Oh my goodness!  Really?!

Writing a book was never a dream of mine, so it's not like I'm living out a life-long dream.  I think that's partly why my brain is having a hard time wrapping itself around this whole thing, especially now that it's time to launch the book.  But, it is important to me to make a difference in this life and if this is my small way of doing that then I'm utterly fulfilled.  Or perhaps it'll just be my small attempt at it anyway.  And perhaps this book is leading me to realize one of my life-long dreams....who knows?!  Guess I'll find out! 

Sorry, just have it say it...WOW!!!

1 comment: