Sunday, December 17, 2017

One Week Until...

There's only 1 more week until Christmas!  It's already here!  Are you ready?  Presents purchased?  Parties attended?  Cookies baked?  Picture with Santa done?  If not, good luck this week!  It'll be a busy one!

I've been thinking a lot about Christmas' past lately.  All the wonderful memories of going to my grandparents house in town with all my cousins, aunts and uncles.  Every year we would all gather, eat my grandma's (and aunt's) delicious foods, laugh and play, and open presents.  And every year along with a group of neighbors, we would go caroling around town...mainly to everyone's grandparents.  All the traditions of the season fill my heart and memories with warmth, love and gratefulness that I grew up in that environment and was able to experience the joy of the season!

Times change, we all grow up and I don't remember the last time our whole family got together for Christmas like the old days.  Obviously it gets harder since both grandparents have passed and everyone has their own families and traditions now.  But, those memories of growing up and celebrating with everyone will last forever.

I'm wishing you and your family many lasting memories and joyful blessings this final Christmas week.  Enjoy the time you spend with one another and may it be a safe and healthy holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment