Sunday, April 2, 2017

April Showers...

It's a rainy Sunday morning...and hopefully the severe weather will stay away.  Although, more hail and high winds are in the forecast.  Since last Sunday's hail storm we've had a couple more stormy days including today.  So, I guess spring has arrived and April showers are upon us!  

I actually don't mind the rain too much since my lawn needs the water after my dad fertilized it a couple days ago.  And, my garden will thank the skies for opening up since my dad and I also got my garden planted...with green beans (the hearty staple that grows great every year), onions and cantaloupe.  No tomatoes, bell peppers, butternut squash, cucumbers or green onions this year.  Sometimes they do well but most of the time the heat kills them before any goodness gets grown.  But, my dad is also helping my sister plant her garden, so I'm sure they'll be some yummy goodness from her garden, as well.

So yes, hopefully April showers bring May flowers, green lawns, cooler temps and plentiful gardens!  Rain is good, but a little less wind and hail would be even better...especially until I can get a new roof up!  Thankfully it's still hanging in there and I'm grateful for it's continued protection!  Shelter from the storms is a blessing!

I hope whatever storms are passing by you'll realize the nourishment it's providing and you'll enjoy the beauty on the other side of the storms.  We are guaranteed to see the sun shine again and the clouds to part as blue skies shine down upon us after we've weathered the storm.  Blessings for the April showers in our lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment