Sunday, January 15, 2017

Froggy...Foggy

When I was little I always called fog "frog" for some reason.  So, it's been really "froggy" here the past two mornings!  London-like fog...misty, heavy fog, chilly, but not extremely cold.  It's a tad daunting in the morning driving through the thick fog when there's a row of street lights out, so it's completely dark out for a stretch.  But alas, the fog clears a bit and the road comes back into focus.

Isn't that true with our life, too, and the direction/path we are sometimes on...it gets a little "froggy".  Sometimes we're not sure what to do, which way to go, which decision to make or even what we truly want to do.  Sometimes it just takes a little time for the fog to lift so that we can see things more clearly...the path reveals itself!  At least that's what I'm hoping, too!  Right now my own path is a little "froggy" and I'm waiting for the fog to lift so that I can take that next step.  I know they say that trials and tribulations happen to teach you things about yourself and I believe to an extent that is true.  But, when your patience finally wears down and you just want to know what the next step is your anxiety leaps up and down, up and down...until you can find some calm, some peace, some relief.  For me, that comes through prayer...constant prayer...to calm my heart and mind, to fill me up with confidence and hope, and then I just keep moving forward.  Sometimes it's all you can do.

As with a new year starting, I feel like the fog has lifted from my head (figuratively and literally since I was sick the first week of the new year) and now I'm just patiently waiting for outside pieces to fall into place.  I trust in the Lord that he is moving those pieces into the right place for me and in the right time (hoping SOON) I'll be able to take that 'next' step.  But, until then I'll continue in prayer, be careful driving in the fog, and be hopeful for the day my path comes back into focus.

Blessings to you for a clear path ahead this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment