Sunday, December 11, 2016

Winding Down...

Another year is winding down...do you feel the closure of another year coming or are you all enveloped in holiday cheer/stress?  Either way, the end of the year is coming and we start anew.  A new year!  A new start!  A new beginning!  A new chance (to try and get it right)!  A new perspective!  A new opportunity!

Typically, after Christmas Day there are those few days of reprieve...to return gifts, go shopping for yourself, and to rest...before New Year's Eve.  In those few days it always seems to the right time to reflect on the past year.  What has happened...good/bad, big/small...what have I learned...where have I grown...how did my setbacks set me up for success or where I am today?  All things to take time to think about and to really let settle in as a new year is upon us.  In some ways I always feel stagnant, but if I really look hard and think a little deeper about things I always find the growth, the silver lining, the positive aspect of the past year.  I hope you do too!

Life is fleeting.  It truly is.  We don't know what tomorrow will bring and we're never guaranteed tomorrow.  I am truly grateful for my life and all my blessings.  Even on the darkest days, the bleakest outlooks, or the saddest of feelings there's always a twinkle of light blinking with hope, possibility and strength deep down in the back of my mind.  The perseverance of will, faith in goodness to come and a burning spirit will always lead me to trust in the Lord and be at peace.

I wish you peace, joy and happiness as this year winds down and you gear up to tackle another year with motivation, passion and compassion!  May God's blessings fill you up with love and thanksgiving this holiday season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment