Sunday, October 16, 2016

Finding Strength

Where do you find strength?  Strength to get you through a tough day, to battle cancer or life-threatening illness, to pick you up from a broken relationship, to get back up after hitting rock bottom, to find comfort in someone's death, to simply find hope and purpose in your life to keep going.  Where does it come from?  How do you summon it?  

For me, it's through God's grace, mercy and love...through prayer!  Sometimes constant prayer, purposeful prayer to be in constant contact with God.  Days when I don't feel myself...like yesterday when I just wanted to cry all day and eat whatever I wanted (which I didn't do either)...it's God's grace that pulls me through.  Constant prayer for strength to get through another day, to give me hope and a purpose that is clear and to just calm my heart.  That's how I get through the tough days.  I turn to God.  And he pulls me through.

And, I woke up feeling more hopeful this morning!  That's God's grace, too!  He fills my heart with calm and steadiness instead of fear and doubt.  He's always there leading the way and I trust in his timing and his plans for my journey in this life.  Just leaning on Him makes me stand taller.

So, on the days you need to find a little strength I hope you find what you need however you need to and that you know God is there to lift you back up....and fill you with hope, love and joy!  Trust in that, always!!  Blessings to you for an uplifting week ahead...and strength to carry you through!

No comments:

Post a Comment