Sunday, October 2, 2016

Birthday Month!

It's the busiest birthday month for our family...October!  Starting today, my little sister and brother's (the twins) birthday is today!  They were one of the first twins born in the little town we grew up in so there was a lot of excitement upon their arrival.  I remember my mom was on bed rest for a month or more before they were born, so they hired a family friend to look after me during the day.  I just remember baking a lot of cookies!

Tomorrow is my oldest nephew's birthday and he's turning 11!  He's getting taller and taller by the minute and I'm sure by his birthday next year he'll be taller than me already!  He's smart, into politics (yes, already!) and likes watching YouTube (yikes!).  He's funny and silly and did I mention smart?!

Towards the end of the month we'll be celebrating my dad's birthday.  The oldest of the bunch (as my mom reminded him yesterday).  As he gets older now it's more of a blessing each year that we get to continue to make more and more memories together!  I know how fleeting it can be since I know so many of my friends have already lost a parent or both.  It definitely makes you appreciate the time you have together!

So, whatever month is your family's craziest birthday month...may you stay sane, enjoy all the parties and cake, and be grateful for all the fun memories made with your family!  Cheers to all the birthday gals and guys out there!

And, blessings for an enjoyable first full week of October!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment