Sunday, February 28, 2016

Happy Leap Day!

Tomorrow is Leap Day and one of my nephew's birthdays.  I remember when my sister-in-law went into labor I was hoping he wouldn't be a Leap year baby.  But, his great-grandma was hoping he'd leap into the new year on the special day.  Alas, he did but only by a couple of hours.  So, essentially he's only celebrating his 2nd birthday today.

I know what it's like to have your birthday on a holiday.  It sounds great and all, but really it's kind of a pain because everyone is out celebrating that holiday!  So, it's not like you really get 'one' special day to yourself.  It's hard to make reservations at restaurants on that day because everyone is out celebrating that holiday, so if you want to throw a birthday party it always has to be on a different day.  That wasn't the case when I was a kid because you could throw your birthday party on that holiday.  But, now as an adult all my friends celebrate the holiday and I make party plans for a later date.  It's fun in theory to have a holiday birthday, but not so much when the day arrives.

Although, I suppose being a Leap year baby isn't quite the same as a birthday on an official holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas.  But it is a special day that only comes around every 4 years!  Strange, but unique.  At this point, I don't think my nephew really gets what being a Leap year baby means, but by his 3rd birthday I'm sure he will.

So, enjoy your Leap day tomorrow as we say good-bye to February and welcome in March!  Blessings for a fabulous 1st week of March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment