Wednesday, August 27, 2014

10 Years...Already?!

It was 10 years ago today that I signed the papers on my 1st house!  Yep, 10 years!  Wow.  It's doesn't feel like 10 years in this house already.  It feels like maybe 6 or 7 years, but not 10.  My how time flies!

Looking back on the jobs that I've had since then, the new neighbors that have come and gone and the changes in my family (marriages, divorces, nephews and nieces, etc).  A lot can change in just a year, but a decade later where am I at now?  How have I changed?  How have I grown?  What have I achieved?  What have I failed at?  What did I learn?  What are my goals for the next 10 years?  5 years?  1 year ahead?  

I normally don't look 10 years ahead because you never know what is going to happen, what bumps in the road will alter your path forever and what my interests will be 10 years from now.  It's too far ahead for me to plan...or to even think about.  I've been trying to live in the present...the here and now...so that I can appreciate the moments, to be grateful for them and to truly experience life as it comes.  It's not easy, especially when I'm a planner by nature, so I'm always looking a week ahead, a month ahead and not living in the present.  We really never know how much time we have on this earth, so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.  And, I want to make sure I'm truly living my life...not waiting for this or that and not letting my life pass me by for whatever reason (stressing me out at the moment or worrying me about my future plans, etc).

10 years, huh?  Thanks for the shelter, the memories, protection from the storms, modern conveniences, water, heat, air conditioning, and comfort.  It's been a wonderful 10 years!  I hope wherever your home is or wherever you call "home" is filled with special memories made and to come!  Blessings to you this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment