Sunday, April 21, 2013

Has it only been a week?!

What an unbelievable week it's been.  It started off with the horrific bombings at the Boston Marathon where so many innocent lives were shattered and 3 lives were lost, then the manhunt for suspects ensued, and then the tragic explosion at the fertilizer plant in West, Texas.  What devastation and incredible impact on one small town.  Then I was riveted to the t.v. (like I had been on 9/11/11) to the dramatic end and capture of the Boston bombing suspect.  Did that all happen in just one week?!

It seems like 3 weeks all wrapped up into one!  I'm not sure I've had time to process it all yet!  No time to sit and think about all the sadness, loss and uncertainty of it all...not with the usual riggers of everyday life that gets in the way...work, family, unexpected surprises.  My unexpected surprise just occurred late yesterday afternoon when a squirrel got caught in my garage door as it was opening.  Yes, it wasn't a pretty picture...not that I was looking.  Disgusting!  Ewww, it gives me the creeps!  And it also gave me an unexpected expense to pay when it jacked up my garage door and left the cable wires twisted and the door hanging halfway off it's track.  Gee, thanks a lot!  I've had a dead bird (hit my back window and die instantly), a dead bunny (that I don't mind so much since they are everywhere and eat my plants) and now a dead squirrel.  I think my dead animal quota is now full! 

But, how do we get through a week like this?  How do we see the world differently after events like this?  How does it change us?  I imagine most of us get through it with family and friends.  And, how we see things and how it changes us is different for everyone and for each of us to decide on our own.  Lets hope next week is boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment