Sunday, October 7, 2018

Making Memories...

For the past couple of years, instead of giving my oldest nephew a material gift I've been giving him the gift of spending time with his favorite aunt!  I want to give him new experiences, new memories that he'll remember vs. just another Lego set or video game.  So, I'll take him out for a day or even let him spend the night.  I think those seeds of fond memories have been planted and I hope he looks back one day and smiles.

Today was his day with me and since my mom went to church with me this morning she came along, too.  We spend the afternoon laughing, answering trivia, trying to remember all the state capitals and more and more belly laughing.  I hope he remembers all the belly laughing today.  These are the kinds of memories I hope he takes with him...and passes them on, too.

This morning when my mom arrived I reminded her that 9 years ago yesterday my dad's mom had passed away.  It doesn't seem like 9 years have passed, but we reminisced about her and all my other grandparents that have passed.  They are all gone.  But, I remember them often and fondly.  So, I hope times like today...times that my nephew gets to spend with his Grandma are remembered with laughter, love and lots of smiles.  It's how we keep those that have passed with us and how we share their love and legacy with the next generation.  It's the passage of time, the legacy of lives past, and the love we hold for one another that links generation to generation.

May blessings of love and laughter fill your week ahead!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment