Sunday, September 30, 2018

You're a Teenager Now....

My oldest nephew turns 13 this coming week, but we celebrated his birthday on Friday.  He's officially a teenager now!  Eeek!  A couple years ago he said he didn't want to become a teenager, but now that he's about to become one he seems OK with it.  I'm not sure his parents are ready for it, but we'll soon find out!  

Do you remember turning 13?  Would you ever go back to those awkward years?  I wouldn't!  Growth spurts, mood swings, crying over the smallest things (mainly hair), acne, embarrassment by your parents, and the list goes on and on.  It's one of those times in life that we all go through and some get through it a little roughed up, others a bit more bruised and battered, and others find themselves isolated from bullying or other circumstances.  It's just a really hard time in life for a lot of different reasons...mainly just change itself.

Thou I can't believe my oldest nephew is 13 already, I'm excited to see his interests broaden and his views on life and the world come into shape.  It's a stepping stone in his life and I hope to help shape it with kindness, generosity, laughter and compassion.

Blessings to you this first full week of October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment