Sunday, September 16, 2018

5 Years Already...

It's been 5 years since I published my first book, Corn-fed with Rice on the Side.  It doesn't seem like that long ago, especially since I've been getting regular reminders from my Facebook memories page.  Last week at this time 5 years ago, I held my first book signing back in my hometown.  It was an amazing and truly heartwarming experience that I'll never forget.  

It was an exciting time back then...knowing the book was finally being published, finalizing the book cover (see previous posts from 2013), waiting for the books to be shipped, actually receiving the books, doing interviews, seeing magazine and online promotions of my book and then my first book signing.  Such a fun and unexpected time!

Now, as I prepare for my next event next month, it makes me smile to think about all the events, interviews and people I've met so far through this unexpected book journey.  I'll be sharing my story at an adoption conference locally and look forward to adding to my fond memories of events passed.  I'm looking forward to meeting and hearing other's stories and sharing my story through a speaking engagement and selling my books at the conference.  Wish me luck!

Prayers of safety, comfort and strength for all those in the path of Hurricane Florence and all the flooding that is occurring now and in the days to come.  And, bless all the first responders who risk their own lives to save others every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment