Wednesday, March 21, 2018

No, I Don't Speak Asian...

Yes, I may look Asian but I don't read it, write it or speak it!  And, by saying I don't speak Asian I'm being a bit sarcastic...read my story about saying Asian vs. Oriental in my book.  In all seriousness, I don't read/write/speak Korean, Chinese, Japanese, etc.  "Why are you looking at me to translate?"

Recently, I went into my local reflexology shop and a young man entered right before I did.  He was reading the service menu looking for a hot stone massage.  The man working there, who was one of the reflexologists but not the receptionists didn't speak English.  So, the young man looked at me to apparently translate.  Sure, I'll translate English for you!  The sign doesn't list a hot stone massage so apparently they don't do that here!  That good enough for ya!  Actually, I was really nice when I said it.  The man working there had no idea what was going on...ha!  So, the young man left and I pointed on the menu what I wanted.  He understood that.

I tried to be as helpful as I could, but my "Asian" abilities are somewhat limited.  Oh yes, I'm laughing at myself right now.  Sometimes it's the person or the thing that people don't expect you to know or help with that makes life more interesting...and makes people go "huh?"

Enjoy the rest of your week and may blessings find you helping out those least expecting it!  Cheers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment