Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Happy Pi Day!

Happy Pi Day! When you hear it's National Pi Day what comes to your mind?  Pizza pie?  Your favorite dessert pie...apple pie, pecan pie, coconut cream pie?  Or the correct meaning of the day, pi, is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter?

I think of dessert pie! My favorite growing up was apple pie, but now I'm pretty open to anything! And, a new pie shop just opened up nearby! I haven't stopped by yet, but it's very tempting!

So, it got me thinking what other words seem to have so many different meanings? Nothing is coming to mind (because I'm tired), but it does make me think of the SNL skit back in the day with the non-gender specific Pat. You didn't know what gender she/he was and around that time gender neutral names were somewhat popular. Some other common ones have been Taylor, Sam, Jamie, Jordan, Andy, Bobbie, Cameron, Casey, and Parker. Do you have a gender neutral name? Has it ever caused an awkward situation?

If you've read my book, Corn-fed with Rice on the Side, one of the very first stories is about my name. My first name is Kim, but I nor my parents realized (until I was in my late 20's) that Kim is a very common last name in Korea. So, the joke is always what if I married someone with the last name Kim. Seriously, my name would be Kim Kim?! Actually, I have seen that happen in some instances, not Kim Kim, but other names that have been repeated. Cool? Not cool? For me, it would not be cool!

So, however you choose to enjoy National Pi Day I hope it's filling and satisfying! Blessings to you the rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment