Sunday, November 12, 2017

Holiday Prep

Yes, it's that time of year already and the holidays are fast approaching!  Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away!  Eeek!  Are you ready?  Have you started preparing...for all the cooking, baking, cleaning, decor, etc?  It's time!  Make those shopping lists now!

I'm excited to switch things up and make all the sides for our slightly smaller family gathering this year.  This is the holiday where my brother and sister end up going to their in-laws most years, however over the past few years we've joined them with their in-laws to celebrate Thanksgiving.  But, this year it'll just be my parents and younger brother.  Perfect!  Mainly because I'm not good at doubling recipes, so I can just make the recipe as is and there will be plenty!  Plus, I'm dying to try many of the thousands of recipes I've collected over the years!  So, here we go...something new and exciting to try for the holidays!

I'm going through recipes today, I'll start making my shopping list and probably get most ingredients this week.  Then, I just need to plan out when I need to make everything.  I'll leave the turkey up to my parents, as usual.  So, it should be a calm and Thanksgiving dinner until the Dallas Cowboys game starts!  

Family traditions...that's what the holidays are all about!  Some old, some new, but always filled with fond memories.  So, enjoy your prep for Thanksgiving...and then get ready for Christmas!  And please don't tell me you have your Christmas tree up already!  I, however, have started my Christmas cards which is the only thing I really prep this early for for Christmas.  I always send them out the 1st of December!  That's my tradition!

Wishing you a successful prep week before Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas and I love this blog. I got inspired to start my own blog called clothespinners.blogspot.com and I love it. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete