Thursday, October 19, 2017

Dress Up

There was a hall closet next to my room growing up on the farm.  It contained a lot of my mom's old clothes which I used for "dress up".  Every little girl loves dress up when they are younger!  

This past weekend, my mom and I went to an exhibit at one of our local malls to view clothes from the 70's.  It was fun to see all the different fabrics, textures, colors, etc. on display.  It wasn't as wild and bold as I originally thought it might be.  There were a lot of clothes that could totally be worn today and look current.  I think that was the fun part of it.

When I was in middle school a friend of mine and I went to that same mall to "hang out" and decided to try on "fancy" dresses just for fun...just to dress up a little bit.  Basically they were dresses for prom or something like that.  It was fun to put on pretty dresses or dresses that were out of our character...meaning, we were both pretty shy and conservative...so, we tried on loud and bold dresses.  I tried on one dress that had fist-sized flowers on them and as I was taking off the dress one of the flowers fell off.  Oops!  Guess that expensive dress wasn't well made.

Since most of us aren't actors that dress up in different period clothing from time to time, I think we all need a "dress up" day...at least once a year!  So, who would you want to dress up as?  Take the time to imagine or just feel good/better about yourself if you're feeling down.  Remember how much fun you had as a little girl/boy dressing up and just have some fun!  Enjoy!

Many blessings the rest of this week as fall starts to settle in across the country!

2 comments: