Sunday, June 7, 2015

Finding Grace

Have you found grace in your life?  More than once, I'm sure...because life is messy!  Life if full of goodness and blessings, but it's also full of heartache, despair, tragedy and accidents.  But, through God's grace we all can be redeemed.  God's grace is a beautiful thing.

Today I'm searching for God's grace.  My heart is full of anguish and hurt, but I know God's grace will lift me up, dry my eyes and restore my vision towards hope and promise.  In my book, I wrote about the times growing up that I got angry or upset about something primarily related to my family....upset with my mom, angry with one of my siblings, or just hormones kicking in as a moody teenager...and how I never used the crutch of being adopted as an excuse for whatever bad mood/situation I was in.  That was never my go-to response.  But, as I've gotten older and situations more complicated I find myself leaning on that crutch more than I ever have before.  Why?  I'm not sure...maybe I'm more aware of the true root of my anger or maybe I'm hurt more by whatever situation is occurring or maybe it just feels like the easy excuse to use instead of really looking inward and addressing my own personal issues.  It could be any one of those things or a combination, but it's definitely not pleasant.  However, I heard today on an Oprah Super Soul Sunday episode that I had recorded, "Feel the pain, work through the pain, let it settle, but don't dwell there."  Go through it, because that's part of life...but don't dwell there, don't let it stew in your soul, don't let it consume you, don't let it eat up your insides.  So, I'm definitely feeling and living through the pain today and hopefully tomorrow's gift of a new day will bring the grace I need right now.

Part of the message of my book is that even though I'm adopted, we all go through the same things in life.  We all experience the high and lows of life...yes, perhaps in different ways/degrees...but we all experience similar things throughout our lives.  It's our perceptions and experiences up until that moment that define and reflect how we react to those experiences that make us all different and unique.  Our built up experiences and perceptions of life that brought us to that moment hopefully help us manage the difficult days.  Hopefully they help us grow, reflect and improve upon the person we were the day before.

God's hope, his grace, his redemption and glory are always there for us!  We just need to believe it, feel it, live through it and be redeemed by it!  May God's blessings fill you with hope and joy in this coming week!  May you find all God's grace you need today and everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment