Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring Break

It's Spring Break week for many in the area, so the roads are a little less congested, the stores a little more crowded with kids shopping all throughout the day and spring weather has finally sprung here!  No more ice or snow...it has all melted away...grey skies have lifted and the sun has been shining!  Warmer temperatures forecasted for the rest of the week and weekend, which also means it's time to think about my lawn again.  I like the winter months because I don't hear the constant lawn mower going in the neighborhood and I don't have to water my lawn.  But, this is the time of the year when my lawn is coming back to life...albeit, initially with weeds galore...but after about the first month of mowing, fertilizing and fire ant treatments it starts to look lush and green again.

So, first a little maintenance to get it back to the lush and green stage, and I'm ready to buy some new plants for inside and outside of the house!  It's time to spruce it up a bit and bring in some color!  And, it's time to plant my garden...hopefully now that the ice and cold weather have passed.  Yes, spring fever is definitely in the air!

What gets you excited about spring?  Whether you are on Spring Break this week or in the coming weeks, I hope you have safe and memorable vacations with your families.  May the transition from winter to spring bring refreshed perspectives, renewed energy and beautiful new blooms into your life!  Have a blessed and sun-filled weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment