Sunday, February 16, 2014

Another Year...Wiser

Winding down my birthday weekend full of birthday wishes, lunches, shopping and a family celebration.  It's very cool to have my birthday on a holiday, but also a little difficult.  Since it's a holiday everyone else in the country is celebrating on the same day...not my birthday, of course, but Valentine's Day.  So, it's always hard to go out to dinner and I always feel bad for my parents having to buy flowers for me at double their regular price because it's a holiday.  My mom even commented this year (for the first time ever) that she wished my birthday wasn't on a holiday because it's so difficult to go out and that everyone else is celebrating, as well.  I think those sentiments started to occur to me in my mid-20's and every year thereafter.

But, another year has come and gone and so much has happened in the last year.  At this time last year I was still in editing mode for my book and still working on the book cover.  Now, I'm officially an author (which is still hard to believe) and have just uploaded the book to Amazon!  So, if you are an avid eBook reader you can now purchase my book on Amazon!  Check it out!!

I have definitely learned SO much over the last year...not just about the publishing business and marketing my book, but all the back-end details like taxes.  It's been an interesting and fun process along the way and I'm still learning as I go!  And, I absolutely appreciate all of the support and encouragement I've received along the way!  And, thank you for being a loyal follower of this blog!  Please share with others, as well!

I've grown in my faith over the past year, as well as, in my personal life.  Every day we grace this earth is another day to listen, learn, improve, challenge, serve and praise the Lord for all the blessings in our lives...even if it's been "one of those days" I would venture to guess we are all still more blessed than not.  And it's those blessings we should spend more time focusing on rather than what we don't have, what went wrong, our regrets or the self-loathing that we all do every now and again.  We need to be kinder to ourselves, forgive ourselves more and use those tough moments to make us stronger...and wiser.

So, as I come down from a busy birthday weekend I wish you all many blessings in the coming year...starting with the week ahead!  BE the change in YOUR own life!

No comments:

Post a Comment