Sunday, June 30, 2019

World Cup Excitement!

Just like the Olympics, every 4 years it's time to cheer on your country!  The Women's World Cup is down to the semi-finals and it's definitely getting good now.  The USA vs. France match was great!  Yes, a little nerve-wracking in the 2nd half, but our ladies pulled out a gutsy win.  Now onto England on Tuesday.  

This is really the only time I ever watch soccer...during the World Cup.  I'm not a big follower even though my local professional soccer team's stadium is right down the road from me.  And now, along with the National Soccer Hall of Fame that just opened last year it's definitely an attraction...but, I still haven't been.  The only time I've been in the stadium is when I ran a 5K that went through the concourse part of the stadium.  One of these days I'll make it to an actual game, and actually I think there was a women's USA friendly match there a few years ago.  So, if that ever happens again I think I'll definitely go.

But, World Cup action is more exciting, more intriguing to me.  Plus, several years ago I was traveling in Italy during the World Cup that was held in Germany.  The pubs were packed and there was cheering all throughout the streets on game days.  It was exciting and fun to be in that kind of environment where soccer is a bit more popular than it is here in the States.  So, I'd love to travel through another European country during a World Cup in the future.  The atmosphere is just so fun!

So, come on ladies!  I know you can pull off another win on Tuesday and go to the finals!  You've got this!  Let's do it!

Blessings to you on this first week of July!  And, Happy 4th of July (for those in the States)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment