Sunday, June 2, 2019

Another Hot One....

Yesterday we had our annual Holt International DFW picnic and was hoping that holding it in early June (vs. the end of June) would be less hot.  Who were we kidding?!  It's Texas and it's definitely summertime!  It was, of course, the hottest day of the year so far this year!  Let the sweating commence!

Other than the heat, it was another great picnic that brought out returning families, a few prospective parents looking to adopt, and many first time attendees.  That's the great thing about this area, we always get a good mix of families.  So, just as in previous years I try to meet and greet everyone and my parents usually end of talking to everyone, as well.  My sister takes candid pics and a group photo of everyone, and all my nieces and nephews came, too.  It's always a family affair with us and I'm always so grateful they all come...not just to support me, but all the families that attend!

From the young family that just received their daughter this time last year (now 2 years old) who was so stinkin' cute, to the returning families that we get to check-in with every year to see how their families are doing, to the families/couples that attend who are just looking into adopting and want to know about the process, to the adult adoptees who are looking to reconnect with their cultures/birth families/local adoptees...it's always a fun, productive, informative, enlightening, inspiring, and hot time of fellowship and connection!  I'm thankful that I and my family get to participate and experience it every year (at least for the past 5 years now).

May blessings fill your days this first full week of June!!

No comments:

Post a Comment