Sunday, August 12, 2018

Rain, Rain....Keep Coming!

Finally!!  Rain!  That's a rare pronouncement in Texas in one of the driest months, especially towards the end of summer.  It's been a really dry summer and my poor lawn is feeling the effects of it, but we finally got some measurable rain and some cooler temps!  I'll take it...and more and more and more...but alas it'll end by Tuesday.  

I can't imagine living in a desert area or somewhere where it doesn't rain much, like Lima, Peru.  When I visited there for work years ago I went on a city tour and they told us that Lima didn't have drainage in the city because it doesn't rain that much there.  What?!  Really?!  I never heard of such a thing before, but it was true.  However, with climate change and how severe storms of every kind seem to be these days I wonder if that will change.

Are you a rain person or not?  What do you like to do when it's raining out?  Stay in with a good book, movie or try out a new recipe?  I usually catch up on a movie I've recorded or there's always a Hallmark movie playing.  But, after such a dry summer I'd be happy if it rained all week!

I know in the States there is flooding on the east coast and forest fires on the west coast.  So, I'm praying for both coasts and those affected by nature's fury.  May blessings meet you where you are this week and provide comfort, relief, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment