Sunday, November 27, 2016

Stuffed!

I hope everyone had a safe, happy and healthy Thanksgiving Day (in the States)!  Well, healthy maybe not so much, but I'm pretty sure everyone enjoyed so yummy treats on Turkey Day!  Pie, cake, candy, sweet potato casserole, stuffing/dressing, mac and cheese...all the comfort foods of the holidays!  And yes, I'm stuffed!!

Turkey Day was good, but then I kept the indulgence going all weekend!  Yikes!  The sweet tooth was raging on Friday, so had to satisfy it and I could've gotten back on track yesterday, but....my mom and I went shopping at one of our favorite downtown areas (with tons of cute small businesses...it was Shop Small Saturday after all!) so we capped off the holiday indulgence with a great lunch, our favorite chai tea lattes and yes, apple pie for dinner!!  My stomach was not thanking me at all after all of that!  Now, back on the clean eating wagon...until Christmas that is!  Ha!

But, that's what the holidays are for, right!  Enjoying all the sweet treats and then January 1st it's time to work it all off.  Actually, between now and Christmas I'm hoping to be really good and maybe actually lose a couple more pounds before gaining them back on Christmas.  It's all about balance, right?!  Well, that's my balance!  Actually, I must admit my veggies and green tea tasted pretty good today.  A little detox from all the sweets from the last few days.  

However you indulge over the holidays, I hope you ENJOY it, don't feel guilty and just live in the moment!  We only have the here and now, so live every moment and eat the cake!!  Safe travels home if you are traveling today and may the coming week be filled with cheerful blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment