Sunday, September 25, 2016

Worries...

I have a lot of worries on my mind and in my heart lately.  And, I've asked God to take away my worries time and time again.  I know worrying doesn't do any good and it's just wasted energy, but somehow, someway we've all been conditioned (to some degree or more) to worry...about relationships, money, school, work, our health or someone else's health, violence, war, etc.  The list is never-ending.  I've definitely gotten better over the years about trying to stop in the moment of full-on worry and sending up a prayer to God to take the worry from my heart and from my mind.  Sometimes it works better than other times, but it's a better way to react to all the worry.  Sometimes it can be overwhelming and other times it's self-made.  It's just one of those things that we'll always have to work on over-coming.

Besides all my personal worrying, this week I've been worried about all my friends and family back in Iowa dealing with flooding.  Seeing all the pictures and videos of flooding in my home town is heartbreaking and sad.  I wish I could be there to help.

This morning I found myself shocked and saddened by the death of Miami Marlins pitcher, Jose Fernandez who died overnight in a boating accident.  I had that pit in my stomach of disbelief, sadness and worry for his family, the Marlins organization, the community, etc.  It's just so tragic when someone so young has their life taken away so quickly and unexpected.  It's a hard reminder that life is SO short.

I'm sick and tired of this political election charade that has been going on this year, and I'm extremely worried about the outcome, the repercussions, the political and social divide in this country and the extreme hatefulness that has come from it all.  I'm just ready for it all to be over with so we can move on with our lives and dealing with the REAL issues!

I could go on and on and on about what is worrying me, but it could be an endless list...or at least one longer that I'd like to admit.  So, I'm just going to take a breath, say a little prayer, and move on.  That's all I can really do.  That's all anyone can really do when worry invades our hearts and minds.

So, I hope this coming week is less worrisome than the last and that you can enjoy all the simple joys of life that fill our days.  Seek out the love, light and joy in life!!  Blessings for a worry-free week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment