Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Yes, I'm Here...

Sorry for the missed post on Sunday, but I've been trying to post to the site since Sunday and haven't been able to access the site.  I just ran a vulnerabilities scan and thankfully I'm now able to access the site.  Sorry for the delay!

Are you ready for Turkey Day?  Preparations made, food prepared, baking done, bar stocked, house clean, and appetite raring to go?  I feel like I've been to 10 grocery stores in the last 3 days, but it's really more like 4!  Yes, 4 and I haven't just been preparing for Thanksgiving but the next couple weeks preparing meals and freezing them along with some holiday treats for co-workers.  And even though I had last week off and this week I feel behind!  Normally I would have all of my Christmas cards done by now...or at least I did last year!  It's the one Christmas thing I'm a 'little crazy' about...getting my cards out on December 1st!  I love sending cards and receiving them because most of the time it's the only time of the year that I hear from people...except for Facebook (if they're on FB).

Last week I was truly on vacation (the first one I've taken this year), as I took my mom to New York City for her first visit ever!  We had a lot of fun and filled our days full!  My mom enjoyed ALL the sites and sounds of NYC and we really only saw 1/3 of the city.  There is SO much to do and see and we just couldn't fit it all in, but what we did do was fun and memorable.  When we arrived on Monday it was rainy but warm, but that all changed on Tuesday.  The polar vortex sank down and it was in the low 30's with winds gusting up to 20-30 mph!  It was freezing!!  Literally!  And so were our toes and fingers since it's such a walking city.  I don't think my mom realized how much walking we'd do even though I warned her.  She did pretty good, though, in keeping up and getting around the city.  Of course we took some taxis but walking through Central Park is an experience all it's own.  We honestly didn't do a lot of shopping and really only spent money on food and taxis!  Go figure.  But, my mom enjoyed her first visit to NYC and I enjoyed spending time with her!

So, now that the holidays are upon us...starting tomorrow...it's time to get in the holiday spirit!  Decorations to put up, lights to trim our trees and houses, holiday treats to bake, Christmas cards to write, gifts to buy and wrap, and sharing it all with family and friends!  So, no matter how quickly the holiday season flies by I hope you enjoy the sounds, the sights, the joy and laughter of the season!  And, may you be safe and bountiful with your holiday shopping...starting either tomorrow or on Black Friday!  Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!  May you realize your blessings, share them with others and help those in need around you.

I'm thankful for my health, my family, my friends and for the opportunity to share my story with you and others!  May you have a blessed Thanksgiving and holiday season ahead!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment