Sunday, October 13, 2019

Cold & Cold

It finally felt like fall here in Texas when I cold front swept through late in the week.  It was actually cold!  It was in the 40's in the mornings and only in the 60's for a couple days!  It felt great!  

The colder weather made me crave comfort food, though.  Something warm, satisfying or just simply a nice warm bowl of soup!  But, it's going to warm back up into the 80's this week so I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for some sustained cooler weather.  

And, I know last week there were snow storms up north and through Colorado while there were fire storms out in California.  Hoping everyone stays safe wherever you are!

And, I'm also just now recovering from my first (and hopefully only) cold so far this season.  It started off as a sore throat two Saturday's ago.  Luckily the sore throat only lasted a day because I really despise sore throats.  Then, it seems like I got another symptom the following few days...a cough, a runny nose, and sneezing.  Honestly, the cold itself wasn't horribly bad, thankfully.  But, I also pulled a muscle or something in my chest and side at the same time.  So, all the coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose killed whatever I pulled every time!  Pain!  Pain for two weeks now!  It's been a complete drag, but finally today I feel like the pain is actually dissipating.  Finally!!  It's definitely been a slow process.  Along with the fact that I also strained my knee last week, my body has obviously been screaming out that I need a little break.  So, I took that last two days off from working out.  I'm letting my body rest and recover, but I'll be back at it tomorrow.  

If we're worn down or pushing too hard our bodies will let us know.  And if we don't listen, it will scream out in different ways until we do listen.  So, make sure you're taking care of yourself this cold/flu season and listening to all the cues your body is giving you so you don't get too sick.  Self-care!

So, one cold I actually do like and the other cold I don't.  I'm hoping the rest of this month is much healthier than the beginning of the month.  May blessings keep you healthy in the week ahead!  And, hopefully you are enjoying a 3-day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment